Welcome to the official blog of AIPSA. This blog is meant for use by members of All India Postal Stenographers' Association******E-mail: parambilmohan@gmail.com
================ Blog maintained by : P. Radhamohan Nair, Private Secretary to Post Master General, (Retired) Northern Region, Calicut, Kerala Circle=================

Wednesday, August 08, 2018

Issue of Medical ID Card to Retiring Employees at the time of retirement or before

No.2018/Trans.Cell/Health/Medical Card 
New Delhi dated: 30.07.2018
The General Manager, All Inidan Railways/PUs, NF(con), CORE 
The DG/RDSO/Lucknow, DG/NAIR/Vadodara 
Sub: Issue of Medical ID Card to Retiring Employees. 
Ref: Railway Board letter No.2018/Trans.Cell/Health/Medical Card dated 08.06.2018. 
With reference above, board (ms, FC & CRB) have approved that Identity card to the retiring employees and its dependent shall be issued at the time of retirement or before (effective from the next day of retirement) by the respective personnel department. 
This issues with the concurrence of Associate finance of Transformation cell of railway board. 
(Umesh Balonda) 
Executive Director/S&T 
Transformation Cell 

Salient benefits and services offered under the DOP Staff salary account scheme - IPPB

No Transaction charges for funds transfer from salary accounts opened by DOP staff for transferring amount to Bank accounts (If transactions done in IPPB Mobile banking app)

7th CPC - Clarification in respect of grant of Children Education Allowance - PCDA Clarification

Office of the Principal Controller of Defence Accounts (Central Command)
Cariappa Road, Cantt., Lucknow- 226002
No:- AN/IV/Circular/2018 
Dated: – 01/08/2018
All Sections of Main office All PAOs’ office 
All AO/AAO GEs’ office 
All AAO BSOs’ office 
All IFAs’ office 
All LAOs’/ALAOs’ office 
Sub:- Clarification in respect of grant of Children Education Allowance. 
Ref.:- GOI DOPT letter no. A-27012/02/2017-Estt (AL) dated 16th July 2018. 
Consequent upon the decision taken by the Government to implement the recommendations made by VII Central Pay Commission, procedure for claiming reimbursement of Children Education Allowance has been simplified. However, this Office has been receiving CEA bills without proper enclosures. 
2 In view of the above, it has been decided to issue instructions regarding reimbursement of Children Education Allowance as under- 
(a) The reimbursement of Children Education Allowance can be claimed only for the two eldest surviving children with the exception that in case the second child birth results in twins/multiple birth. In case of failure of sterilization operation, the CEA/Hostel Subsidy would be admissible in respect of children born out of the first instance of such failure beyond the usual two children norm. 
(b) The amount for reimbursement of Children Education Allowance will be Rs 2250/- per month (fixed) per child. This amount of Rs 2250/- is fixed irrespective of the actual expenses incurred by the Govt. Servant. In order to claim reimbursement of CEA, the Govt. servant should produce a certificate issued by the Head of the Institution for the period/year for which claim has been preferred. The certificate should should confirm that the child studied in the school during the previous academic year. In case such certificate can not be obtained, self attested copy of the report card or self attested fee receipt (s) {including e-receipt(s)} confirming/indicating that the fee deposited for the entire academic year can be produced as a supporting documrnt to claim CEA. The period/year means academic year i.e. twelve months of complete academic session. 
(c) The CEA is admissible in respect of children studying from two classes before class one to 12th standard and also for the initial two years of a diploma/certificate course from Polytechnic/ITI/Engineering College, if the child purses the course after passing 10th standard and the Government servant has not been granted CEA in respect of the child for studies in 11th and 12th standards.
(d) In respect of schools/institutions at nursery, primary and middle level not affiliated to any Board of education, the reimbursement under the Scheme may be allowed for the children studying in a recognized school/institution. Recognized school/institution in this regard means a Government school or any education institution whether in receipt of Govt. Aid or not, recognized by the Central or State Government or Union Territory Administration or by University or a recognized educational authority having jurisdication over the area where the institution/school is situated. 
(e) In case of a Divyang child, studying in an institution i.e. aided or approved by the Central/State Govt. or UT Administration or whose fees are approved by any of these authorities, the Children Education Allowance paid by the Govt. servant shall be reimbursed irrespective of whether the institution is recognized or not. In such cases the benefits will be admissible till the child attains the age of 22 years. 
(Pritam Dutta) 
Dy. Controller (AN) 
Source: http://pcdacc.gov.in/download/circularsnew/circular_cea_03_08_18.pdf


While the Government may issue specific instructions regarding treatment of the period of absence of employees during any particular bandh, ordinary a Government servant may be granted special casual leave as explained below, if the competent authority is satisfied that the absence of the individual concerned was entirely due to reasons beyond his control, e.g. due to failure to transport, or disturbances or picketing or imposition of curfew etc. If the absence was due to failure of transport facilities, the special casual leave may be granted if the Government servants had to come from a distance or more 3 miles (5 kms.) to their places of duty. 
If the absence was due to picketing or disturbances or curfew, the special casual leave may be granted without insisting on the condition that the distance between the place of duty and residence of the Government servant should be more than 3 miles (5 Kms).
Special casual leave in these cases may be granted by the Head of the Department.
(DP&T OM No. 27/6/71-Estt(B), dated the 1st Nov. 1971
DP&T OM No. 28016/1/79-Estt(A), dated the 28th May,1979
DP&T OM No. 3011/(S)/87-Estt(B), dated the 16th Feb., 1987)