Dy. Director General (Estt.),
Department of Posts,
Dak Bhavan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi – 110001.
(Through Proper Channel)
Sub. : Proposed revision of Recruitment Rules (RRs) of Stenographer Gr.I – Reg.
Ref. : Letter No.49/3/2010-SPB-I dated Jan. 2016.
I would like to submit the following for your kind consideration on the above subject:
1. That the proposed Recruitment Rules is nothing but destroying the Stenographer cadre itself. First, the Department has merged the Stenographer Cadre with a malaise intention to destroy the cadre. There was no consultation of the AIPSA or heard anything from the suffering Stenographers working in field units. No financial benefits have been extended as a result of merger.
2. Before, issuing such RR, the views of the present Stenographers to be obtained and settle the anomalies prevalent in the Cadre. Without deciding the future of the present employees, the Department has been issuing RRs is nothing but adding salt to the injure minority cadre of the Department. No other cadre has been treated in such a step-motherly attitude as of Stenographer Cadre, because they are in minority. There is no working stenographers in the Directorate i.e. in Dak Bhavan, which is the decision making body. As a result of this, neither the officials nor the officers are aware of the position of the Stenographers who are working in Circle / Regional offices.
3. Since the 7th CPC has equated the field staff with the secretariat staff, issuance of such RR for Stenographer Gr.I fixing Grade Pay of Rs.4200/- is not at all acceptable to us. In 6th CPC, the Secretariat Stenographer i.e. CSSS Stenographer Gr.C have already getting the Grade Pay of Rs.4600/- as such the Grade Pay for Stenographer Gr.I ought to be fixed at 4600/-.
4. Thereafter, the promotional policy of the Stenographers have also been not notified. In CSSS, the Stenographer who enters the service as Grade-D has been moving upto Staff Officer / Principle Staff Officer in the Grade Pay of Rs.7600/-. Alas! the Stenographers of Postal Department hardly reach Rs.5400/-. Most of them have retired in the Grade of Rs.4600/- despite putting up more than 30 years of service. Therefore, the Department first has to carry out Cadre Restructuring of Stenographers and then only proceeded to issue of fresh recruitment rules. Before issuing such RRs the status and prospects of the present incumbents should be taking in to consideration. But the Department of Posts has never in dialogue with the Stenographers Association.
5. The Grade Pay of Stenographer Grade II has been fixed at Rs.2400/- ought to be rejected in toto. Presently, all most all the Stenographers working in the Department Posts have crossed the Grade Pay of Rs.4200/-, therefore, no one bothers about it and raised any objection to it.
6. Therefore, the Grade Pay for Stenographer Gr.I should be fixed at Rs.4800/- so that Stenographers working at present will get some benefits.
7. The Circles have hardly held any DPC and there is no uniformity amongst them. Therefore, the Stenographers working in bigger Circle such as Tamilnadu, M.P., Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Bihar are deprived for their rights. On the other hands the juniors who joined on later date have been elevated to higher scale by virtue of small numbers in other Circles. This malady should be set right by making this Stenographer Cadre as All India Cadre as that of IP/ASP Cadre.
8. For the last 10 years there is no recruitment to the feeder cadre and there is no promotion also effected in most of the Circles. Therefore, first the present situation should be settled in consultation with AIPSA and affected Stenographers.
9. 33% by deputation should be nullified. As there is no recruitment for the Stenographers Gr.II for the last 10years, what is the point in giving 33% of the post filled up by Deputation. Already, in most of the Circles, Postal Assistants are holding the post of Stenographers, not for the financial benefits but because of the SP / SSP coercion
10. After the Post of Stenographer Gr.I, the promotional hierarchy is not clear and ambiguous. Neither the Stenographers have been permitted to appear in Departmental Group-A Examination, nor giving any promotional avenues to them. The present scenario reveals that promotion given as Personal Secretary has been turned down by the promotees shows the frustration in the Stenographer Cadre.
In view of the above, it is suggested that Grade Pay of Stenographer Gr.I should be fixed at Rs.4800/-. If any consultative meeting to be held in this regard, I may kindly be called for placing my view before the Committee with requisite documents.
O/o Sr. Suptd. Of Post Offices,
Thanjavur Dn. – 613001.