Lakes in India
1. Wular Lake: Wular Lake is one of the largest fresh water lakes in Asia and the largest in India, is located in Jammu and Kashmir.
2. Loktak Lake: Loktak Lake is the largest freshwater lake in northeastern India, located in Manipur. It is also called the only floating lake in the world due to the floating phumdis
3. Damdama Lake: Damdama Lake is one of the biggest natural lakes in Haryana. It is a weekend getaway destination around Delhi. Located near the Aravalli Hills and the best place for Boating, Rock Climbing, Bungee jumping and trekking.
4. Dal Lake: The Kashmir valley is blessed with exotic natural beauty of landscape and water bodies, out of them one of the best is Dal Lake. Dal Lake is one of the most beautiful lakes of India and is the second largest in the J&K valley.
5. Pichola Lake: Lake Pichola is an artificial fresh water lake situated in Udaipur city in Rajasthan. Udaipur is a beautiful city, set amidst the Aravalli Ranges of Rajasthan, India.
6. Gurudongmar Lake: Gurudongmar Lake is one of the highest lakes in the world. This fresh-water lake is located northeast of the Kangchenjunga range in Sikkim.
7. Chilka Lake: Chilka Lake is the brackish water lake and is the largest coastal lake in India. The Chilka Lake in situated in Orissa and is Asia’s largest inland salt-water lagoon.
8. Vembanad Lake: Vembanad Lake is India’s longest lake and is the largest lakes in the beautiful state land of God, Kerala. The Vembanad Lake is the largest brackish lagoon in Kerala.
9. Bhimtal Lake: The pride of Bhimtal is a beautiful lake in Uttarakhand which offers magnificent vistas for tourists. The lake is larger than Nainital lake,The island at the center of the lake.
10. Upper lake: Upper lake is the largest artificial lake in Asia, situated in “City of Lakes” called Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. Bhopal is also considered as one of the green city in India.