Central Secretariat Stenographer service - pay structure of various levels:
1. Stenographer Grade ‘D’ PB-I 5,200-20,200 2,400
2. Stenographer Grade ‘C’ PB-2 9,300-34,800 4,200
3. Private Secretary Group ‘B’ PB-2 9,300-34,800 4,200
4. Private Secretary Group ‘B’
Gazetted after 4 years continuous service PB-3 15,600-39,100 5,400
5. Principal Private Secretary PB-3 15,600-39,100 6,600
6. Sr. Principal Private Secretary PB-3 15,600-39,100 7,600
The above is the pay structure of Central Secretariat Stenographers revised as per 6th Central CPC. Now the latest development is that as per Ministry of Expenditure Order No. 1/1/2008-IC dated 16.11.2009 endorsed by Department of Personnel and Training letter No. 7/7/2008-C.S.I (A) dated 21.12.2009 the Grade Pay of all Grade ‘C’ Stenographers/Personal Assistants have been changed from Rs.4200/- to Rs.4600/- with effect from 01.01.2006.
But the rationale behind giving this new upgradation of Grade Pay of Rs.4600 to Grade II Stenographers of Central Secretariat Cadre was that the Grade II/Grade C /Personal Assistants of Central Secretariat Service was in the Pay Scale of Rs. 6,500-200-10,500 prior to 1.1.2006. Just because of this advantage Ministry of Personnel has given upgradation of Grade Pay from Rs.4200/- to Rs.4600/- to them among other similarly placed categories of employees working in the operating field.